All Topics / Help Needed! / Conteact note? evil?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of as41as41
    Participant
    @as41

The R.E agent selling an IP I wish to put an offer on wants to use Contract notes… I am a bit sus… Can anyone fill me in on these and what I should be doing????ADVICE NEEDED!!![jealous]

Snowflake

Profile photo of as41as41
    Participant
    @as41

Isn’t anyone willing to help me out here? Please![inlove]

Snowflake

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

The contract note will be a legal offer and binding on you when accepted by the seller. My advice is you should show the contract note to your solicitor.

Profile photo of CallanderCallander
    Participant
    @callander

Contract Note is basically a contract. dont know about other states but in Vic i have purchased prop and the agent has used contract notes. usually have a 3 day cooling off period in them so best to check this before signing and then take to your Solicitor for then to check the Section 32 & contract note. Its usually a standard form produced by the REIV (in Vic) for agents to use. im not aware of any issues with them. the same as a contract ensure that any clauses (eg. finance, building etc) are included before signing.

Profile photo of HutchHutch
    Participant
    @hutch

hi as41,
    It may sound ‘Evil”. But don’t be scared of a ‘Contract Note’. In Vic. It is just a fancy name for a standard form contract to purchase.

Of course, like all transactions, have you conveyancer/solictor peruse first before signing.
    good luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.