All Topics / Help Needed! / Help with a property decision

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of juzza316juzza316
    @juzza316

My work is moving to Port Melbourne and I am looking to either purchase a property or build somewhere within a 30 minute drive of the city, as we are sick of renting. I also will be attending university in hawthorn at night.
    I have about $280K as a budget. We have been looking at buying land in Tarneit for $120k and building a house approx $160K.
    Is Tarneit a decent enough area to live in for a reasonablly long time (5 years?). Will their be sufficient infrastructure?Any idea on if this will increase in market value over time?
    Very confused at the moment, but need to make a decision soon.

Any advise, suburbs that would suit or other ideas for research would be greatly appreciated!

Profile photo of HutchHutch
    Participant
    @hutch

hi juzz,
    Tarneit is a good area that is expanding rapidly. Infrastructure is growing too. Hence all the shopping strips, malls and major chains going up. As well as upgrading of Werribbe Plaza and the Massive Multi Million $$$ Werribee Marina development. But it will take you 30-45 mins in peak hour to the CBD and minimum 60 mins to Hawthorn at night.
    cheers
    hutch

Profile photo of juzza316juzza316
    @juzza316

Thanks for that Hutch! Although I wont be travelling back to Tarneit in peak hour, will the travel time still be 60 minutes?
    I will be travelling from Port Melbourne to Hawthorn (after work) to Hawthorn so I would guess that would be 30-40 minutes?

Will be heading down to Tarneit to have another look this weekend.

Can you recommend any of the new estates? We are currently looking at Tarneit Gardens.

Thanks again!
    Justin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.