All Topics / Heads Up! / Anyone using free PC to PC calls

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

I tryed this the other day and it was great also exciting and was a little bit of fun as well.

Just wandering if any others are using it to network and or just general use ET Phone Home etc.

If your still not sure what I’m talking about it’s a program to ring someone elses computer and talk with a microphone through the internet. It works like a normal phone or mobile but it’s using a mic on your computer and it’s free.

It’s skype at http://www.skype.com

Variety of free comprehensive property analysis calculators and feasability programs.
    Developers Renovators Spreadsheets Positive Cashflow Home Owners
    Lending Money Joint Ventures Five Star Checklist Subscription

Learn about a current 91 Unit development near Sydney International Airport and there all Positive Cash Flow, 43M resale values, 25/06/2006.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I did this a few times last year when I was in Thailand. Its amazing isn’t it – free international calls.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Yeah, it’s great I’ve had a lot of fun, I was in the grossrealisation household the other night and it was great fun.

Well I was not in the household but i was in thier in sound.

I new you had it Terryw as I did a search and you seemed to be the only person that had mentioned it in any text in the forum when I did a search for Skype.

Sure is brill.

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi all
    thanks yes he was.
    for me skype is good I would use it with msn s you can use webcam but it was very clear.
    for the novis out there i will tell you the differences.
    msn is good for one on one live type chat with webcam and is very handy and there is a 20 meg pull drop and post. skype allows one on one and 4 talk like a mobil so you can talk for free and if you have another compuer on your home network which I do you can msn webcam and chat at the same time all for free to england or perth whoever has skype setup.
    we will be running soon skype classes on investing via jaffasoft.
    that not investing in skype but investing using the skype network as we will have a person that will answer your questions

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Profile photo of snowkiwisnowkiwi
    Participant
    @snowkiwi

I worked for a company in NZ who used skype for everything. Their head office was in NY, so all their communication was using Skype. It was pretty impressive.

I also personally use instant messaging with a microphone when my wife goes to NZ to visit family. Although we haven’t been able to convince the rest of the family to use it yet, we’re still working on it. the fact they’re all still on dial-up is putting them all off.

Do you know what the experience is like for users on dial-up?

Regards,

Craig.

Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

I was at a friends house last night who has skype and also uses engin.com . I’m going to have to get my act together and get setup with a router and headphones .

Amazing . I remember not that many years ago you had to be rich indeed to call Europe…When I was young I used to call my folks collect and you could feel them shudder down the phone !

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2
    Originally posted by Pursefattener:

I was at a friends house last night who has skype and also uses engin.com . I’m going to have to get my act together and get setup with a router and headphones .

That’s the way.

Amazing . I remember not that many years ago you had to be rich indeed to call Europe…When I was young I used to call my folks collect and you could feel them shudder down the phone !

The phone companies can no longer take advantage and hit the hip pocket as much as they could.

Bye Bye Telstra.

Profile photo of snowkiwisnowkiwi
    Participant
    @snowkiwi

I just had another one recommended: http://www.jajah.com.

They use the same technology, but you use a normal phone. You register up to 3 phone numbers to call from, then you log in to their web site and start the call from there. It rings your phone and the person you’re calling, connecting the two together.

If you’re both registered the call is free, pretty much anywhere in the “developed” world.

Now I like the idea of that. I haven’t tried it yet, but it seems pretty damn good to me.

Profile photo of lyndon_glyndon_g
    @lyndon_g

Hi Jaffasoft

My business partner uses skype for his interstate calls.

We use a program called tri-tel. it is a pre-paid service, and you simply add credit with your credit card, bpay etc etc.

the calls are very cheap..11c nationwide to land lines. approx. 20c min to mobiles… and it can also be used for sms at 11c each. you can set up your number so ppl receiving sms from you do not know you arent usin your phone.. as it sends from your number.

you can also set up a virtual number which people can use to call you (details above are only for outgoing calls)… this service only costs around $19 per month (much cheaper than telstra etc) and has the call rates as mentioned above!

screw telstra!! boycott!! :)

cheers
    Lyndon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.