All Topics / Help Needed! / Does this make sense?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of ugez009ugez009
    @ugez009

Some comments from more experienced property investors needed as to whetehr the following seems to make sense or whether there is some flaw in my logic:

My idea is to buy a property near cbd on bed near Sydney. 250-350k.
    As first time buyer in Sydney I can get get rebate 7k and no stamp duty. I plan to rent out after qualification period of first time buyer grant. I will negatively gear the property for tax breaks. I want a 100% loan. I will have to make up some difference yearly to make up shortfall in rent, but I am happy to spend a bonus I have per year of 8k (before tax). This bonus I say to myself is invested in property.

My strategy is future capital gain, period 5-10 years. Simply I am taking a punt on property prices with as much borrowed money as I can not using any of mine except my small bonus. I have money in cash but I do not want to put in property as I want right mix of cash, equities etc (I have property overseas) i.e. asset allocation.

Is this logic flawed? Has anyone else done this.

Your help is appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.