All Topics / Value Adding / Cheap but Good Quality Kitchen Bench guy.Anyone?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of mspartalmspartal
    @mspartal

Hi all,

Does anyone know someone in Perth who is does cheap, but good quality kitchen benches. Its for a reno in my unit.

Regards

Mspartal

Profile photo of mcdeyessmcdeyess
    @mcdeyess

mspartal,

I have been looking at this product in QLD http://www.granitetransformations.com.au/

This resurfaces your existing benchtops with a granite based product. It has a 10 year warranty and is apparently reasonably priced though I haven’t got a quote yet.

I am not typically a fan of resurfacing however a friend of mine worked for a commerial company that started to get this product in when it first came to Australia and she reckons it is wonderful. It doesn’t quite look as good as pure granite but I think it looks way better than laminate and it is more durable. I am looking at this product to really add some value to a kitchen reno for a budget price.

They do have an office in Perth if you check the locations.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    [email protected]

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi all

Just to add to the granite transformation conversation.

I just stopped working for a granite company who used Granite and ceasar stone /stylestone and others(reconstituted granite peices in a resin base – looks similiar to granite but the pattern is more conforming). Ceasar stone is being used on most of the high rise apartments and most of the builder are now using it, the company I worked for did Raffles redevelopment and tower 1 at burswood in ceasar stone.
    I meet the owners of GT in Perth at a wedding last year, 4 months ago I quit work and I am now a full time renovator / trader and just yesturday stopped in to check out GT for my reno’s.

The material they use looks exactly like ceasar stone just thinner,
    they stick it over the top of your original bench tops. even over tiled bench tops if they are straight. They will even stick some over wall tiles for splash backs. If you put in new cupboards all you need is 30mm MDF on top to fix the GT to.

The finished look is exactly the same as the kitchens my firm did with the 20mm thick ceasar stone.

This week I will be emailing them my plans for my next reno for a quote to check out the cost.

My last reno I used the solid beech bench top from IKEA, $230 2.4mtr. They have other bench tops cheaper.

Ikea have a web site with a kitchen planner/costing program which is really good for planning a kitchen renovation.

celeste[biggrin]

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi again

forgot to say I was in Perth and the that GT I went to is in Willetton

celeste

Profile photo of stekaystekay
    @stekay

Don’t know personally, but I recommend you try and search on http://www.HomeImprovementPages.com.au . It allows you to search for a tradie in your area. I have found some decent people in SA and NSW, and I am sure you could do the someone in WA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.