All Topics / Help Needed! / First Homebuyers grant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ugez009ugez009
    @ugez009

Can you help me?

I am buying my first investment property and i have never owned an property before so i can take First Homebuyers grant.

My simple understanding is that i have to live in the flat for 6 months then i can move out and start renting out. Is this correct. Actually I dont want to live there.

Is there anyways around this. eg. could i rent out for cash to someone, not through agent. anyone got around this. if you do not want to post here sent me a pm.

Christian

Profile photo of Josh-PrestigeloansJosh-Prestigeloans
    @josh-prestigeloans

ugez009,

Guidelines for FHOG is that you occupy the property for 12months however technically 6months is satisfactory. I have been told that the way they check to make sure your residing at the address is through the power bill.

I will not make comment about how to get around the minimum term as you can be fined and incur a jail sentence if you are not adhering to the rules.

Joshua McEwen
    Finance Broker – WA

http://www.prestigeloans.com.au

Brokers Lic 1297
    Licensee Brett Christie

Profile photo of crushercrusher
    Participant
    @crusher

Hi Christian,

Rules are different for each state- Go and check out the FHO grant links on my website for more information.

Regards

Todd Burns
    http://www.freepropertyhelp.com.au

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

The requirement is that you live in the property for 6 months starting within the first 12 months.

I don’t know where the other two posters got their info from as this is what the legislation states.

There are ways to cheat the system but it is fraudulent and criminal to do so. Many people are caught.

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.