All Topics / Help Needed! / 11 Seconds Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of greenamitgreenamit
    @greenamit

Hi,

The 11 Second Solution talks about weekly rent and how to “filter” +CF (based on the asking price and the rent).

What changes needs to be done to the “tool” if rent is paid monthly (like in the US)?

Thanks.

Profile photo of SaxonSaxon
    @saxon

monthly rent – just divide by 4 to get weekly rent – cant be more simple than that. i’m surprised no one has replied till now.

Profile photo of foxyacfoxyac
    @foxyac

Hi,
    I actually thought you would multiply the monthly rent x 12 (this gives you yearly rent) then divide it by 52 to gve you the true weely rent. This is how the real estate people and banks do it. But please correct me if I’m wrong.

Regards. [blush2]

Profile photo of Time MattersTime Matters
    @time-matters

Your right foxyat!

Profile photo of greenamitgreenamit
    @greenamit

That’s what I thought but wasn’t too sure as when applying this rule in an overseas market, all properties falls far away to the -CF side in a way that makes this rule a bit infeasible for use.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Yep…that’s right. When I read of the ’11 second solution’ I thought it a bit odd, because in the 3 years or so since it was written, it is pretty well redundant unless you are game to buy in a mining town or take punt on a village in the middle of nowhere. The thoughts now are ‘profit is made not bought’. However, CF neutral properties are still possible to dig up with a bit of time and effort and not too much ‘gambling’, and is a good place to start with and see if it can be honed to cf+ over time with a bit of tweaking.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.