All Topics / Finance / reverse mortgages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of li22y1li22y1
    @li22y1

Hi I am researching a reverse mortgage for my 85 yo extremely healthy father, was wondering if anyone has any tips or pitfalls they could offer me, or any suggestions? Would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks Liz

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

One consideration is to choice a lender that has a no negative equity clause to avoid any problems for you or your father.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    **NODOC loans from 7.14%**
    Licensed Financial Planner
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com
    [email protected]
    Ph: 07-3720 1888

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jace81Jace81
    @jace81

reverse mortgages are a scam IMO,….they came out in the UK years ago, and forced many pensioners onto the street. take in to account him living longer than the equity in the home will last, generally the interest will eat up the rest of the equity anyway, becoz you dont have to make repayments on most of those kind of LOANS, buyer beware i say…better off looking at investments or something, he worked to pay for the home, most likely to the brokers and banks profits and now the banks are trying to take back what after 30+ years of slugging away at the mortgage balances finally has become the only asset he has left. profiteering and extremely unethical, dont be fooled by the benifits….but yea if it was my fathers house, id want to keep it…lots of different options, he could sell it for something smaller and invest the rest of money in a modest return, its an equity loan, why would they give you money for nothing? too good to be true usually is…

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

You are right that the reverse style mortgage came out in the UK many years ago.

In fact Stewart Caryle the largest provider of Reverse Mortgages in England started in 1983 and are still going strong.

Must admit i don’t know of too many Pensioners forced into the streets because their equity elapsed but do accept that certain mortgage deeds have this in their conditions.

To avoid this I refer to my previous post concerning negative equity.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    **NODOC loans from 7.14%**
    Licensed Financial Planner
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com
    [email protected]
    Ph: 07-3720 1888

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.