All Topics / Help Needed! / South East Qld

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of shubhadagandhishubhadagandhi
    @shubhadagandhi

Can I get some input on investment in Toowoomba & Ipswich. Do you think this is a good place to bet on for positive cashflow?

SG

Profile photo of fbd1fbd1
    @fbd1

Hello SG
    You can find positive cashflow in any town, you just need to spend time & do number crunching…sometimes they are in the most unlikely places?
    Cheers
    Dianne

Profile photo of crushercrusher
    Participant
    @crusher

You can get positive cashflow in Toowoomba, especially if you are willing to go for student accommodation. Ipswich is more difficult now but there are big improvements planned for the Ipswich area which should mean good capital growth in the future.

Check out the SE QLD plan in the reports section of my website.

Todd Burns
    http://www.freepropertyhelp.com.au

Profile photo of shubhadagandhishubhadagandhi
    @shubhadagandhi

In the light that it is a market that has seen its peak and the rental vacancy is increasing, would’nt additional investment that is being planned by the GOvt spur the rental market upwards? Atleast I read it as an opportunity to invest in that market.

Your views would be appreciated.

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

“market has had its peak”….you say. Some of us have our eyes on the NEXT peak.

I have a coupla houses in ipswich an I gotta say I love ipswichwith its old world charm and all those original queenslanders just screaming to (as the agents say) be brought back to their original beauty. And yes I know the River Link is gunna put ‘Dinmore prices thro the roof!’ etc,etc………………….but, but….but………….
    frankly I think there are better places in SEQ to invest. Pay the extra and buy that cottage near the water Even ‘Foundations’ prophesies wont prevent the full muscle of retiring babyboomer demand for ‘ocean glimpses’.Or nab that tiny bit o’ dirt. sniffin’ distance from CBD.
    but im talkin capital growth an yr talkin CF+. Before you decide on Ipswich or Toowoomba, check out strathpine, pine rivers shire. The houses are high set chamfer board, in the 200k’s and are easy to wack in the granny flat downstairs and charge a higher rental. In fact residex has strathpine listed as a higher rental return.
    goodluck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.