All Topics / Help Needed! / Can you find +ve cash flow props from home?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of carolinehalecarolinehale
    Participant
    @carolinehale

Hi everyone,
    I am super keen to find some properties. I live in Sydney and dont believe there are opportunities to be had here. So I search the internet and make phonecalls. All potentials are out once I do my due diligence. I am stuck at home with a young family and that wont change for a while yet!
    Has anyone had any luck finding deals from home? I will be making a fly by to Brisbane in a couple of weeks and hoping to get something then.
    Cheers
    Caroline

Profile photo of crushercrusher
    Participant
    @crusher

I own three IPs that I have never seen with my own eyes. I bought two that I saw on the internet and another one through a buyers agent.

It can be done without having to visit the property yourself and now I actually prefer to do it this way. I use a stack of online resources to research potential properties and I have a good network of professional building and pest inspectors etc that do much of the due diligence work. I just have to read the reports, look at the maps and photos, make a few phonecalls to Council and some RE agents then make a decision on purchase. You will find links to many of the online resources I use on my website.

I wouldn’t recommend doing it this way for your first IP purchase but I have proven 3x times that the ‘research from home’ strategy can work.

The other way to do it is just pay a buyers agent to do the hard yards and find you something suitable.

Todd Burns
    http://www.freepropertyhelp.com.au

Profile photo of wellonthewaywellontheway
    Participant
    @wellontheway

I agree with Todd. I’m onto my third property, all bought sight unseen whilst sitting here in front of my PC in Malaysia.

As Lomas said, you can find out a lot about an area (some times more so than a local); rental demand, local economy, council policies, demographics, etc.

Having said that, I strongly believe in getting “an eye on the ground”. This is to weed out things that cannot be seen from the online pictures (eg undesirable neighbours, quality of the street & surrounding areas, and local opinions/ local knowledge). Since I focus on a particular area (or two),I have established relationships with one or two PM from that area. He/she will help me check out the potential properties for me.

I’ve now taken the next plunge; to do renovation/minor development (build/relocate a house onto a block) all the way from here.

All the best
    Albert

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.