All Topics / Value Adding / Floorboards throughout whole apartment?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of doondoondoondoon
    @doondoon

I am currently living in a 2-bedroom apartment and would like to replace the carpet with floorboards – should I have floorboards throughout the apartment or should I keep the carpet in the bedrooms? I personally think floorboards through the whole unit looks better but I can see the benefit in keeping the carpet for the bedrooms too. Just wanting people’s opinions as I will probably be selling the apartment within the next couple of years.

Thanks in advance! :)

Profile photo of jhopperjhopper
    @jhopper

Hey Doondoon,

I am a big advocate of floor boards but it may be a good idea to first check with the strata body. I was renting a place a while back which had wooden floors and apparantly the owner went through hell with the owner of the place underneath due to noise. In the end they could keep the timber floor but they almost went to court over it.

Just something I would check before you install!

Profile photo of doondoondoondoon
    @doondoon

Thanks JHopper – we’re on the ground floor of our block but we’ll check with strata anyway….. I hate having to check with someone before doing something to my OWN place! Grrr….. :P

Profile photo of jhopperjhopper
    @jhopper

I know what you mean!! Think you should be safe with a ground floor unit!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.