All Topics / General Property / How to break a lease

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of sophies dreamssophies dreams
    @sophies-dreams

Has any one got any suggestions? I have got a lease on my family home till Nov 2006. I am now without any where to live myself and wish to get my home back. Any ideas on how to get the tenant to leave..

Thanks Sophie

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello Sophies

I can only tell you what I would do myself, so here goes.

They have between 4 -5 months left on the lease. I would get the agent to write them a letter advising them that the lease will not be renewed in Novemeber as the owner wants the property back.

Then offer to pay their moving costs (up to a reasonable figure) if they vacate the property within ……. Naturally you have to give them a chance to find a new place so set a realistic “by” date for them.

It worked with my nephew who was offered this deal by his landlord and took it.

I don’t know how easy it is to find a similar property to yours in a similar area so I don’t know how successful this will be. Things like do they have kids at school etc. may influence their willingness to move early.

Start by asking your agent if he has similar property to yours in the area. He may be able to offer them alternatives.

Good luck [smiling]
    Elka

Profile photo of sophies dreamssophies dreams
    @sophies-dreams

Thank will give it a try

Sophie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.