All Topics / Help Needed! / Mentor Wanted

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of markmmarkm
    @markm

I am based in Western Australia and am trying to get my foot in the door when it comes to investing in property. Is anyone willing to be a mentor or does anyone know of someone who can assist with this?

Thanks

Mark

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Hi Mark,
    Did anyone PM you and offer to help?

I hope so… It would be great if the highly experienced and successful investors would be willing to spend 2-3 hours a month with a keen and willing mentee!

I wish I could, but as yet I would still classify myself as average consdering Im still working full time.

Good luck and I hope someone offers to help you!

Mat

Profile photo of markmmarkm
    @markm

Hi Mat,

So far I have had one offer to assist by answering questions which I really do appreciate. Would be nice to have a mentor especially since we don’t have access to any Masterclasses
    etc. over here in the West

All the best with your endeavours

Mark

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Come on Dazzling, give the guy a break. You can have your very own “Minty”

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Thanks for freely offering my personal time Amanda….I’m sure the wife and kids who I hardly ever see would be impressed to know more time was taken from them…..[hmmm]

Unfortunately I am a “Minty” myself to a grumpy old bugger who avails his time begrudgingly, but worth every minute.

It would seem strange to be a minty and a mentor all at once.

As has been said on the forum many times before, this forum and others are probably the best form of mentor going. I’d agree with this.

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi minty’s or mentors
    it is good to have people that are interested in getting involved in real estate and in wa at the moment it is a hot market the only problem is that you do have to make sure that the risk is not all on the minty’s shoulders and some is on the mentors this is very difficult to achieve especially when you have very quick corrections in the market places.
    my advice would be to join a group and start with a small project and start to grow using other investors around you and in wa you have a large number.
    I’m not a great lover of mentors ( but I have not been mentored so am looking at it from the outside looking in) I like to invest and hen problems occur get out the scotch or panamax and get thru the problem.
    but thats me.
    so for me mark join the pi group there or the somersoft group
    go to there meetings and network it is the best type of mentoring and its free( and I like information thats free as its not tainted by people trying to make money out of the information you are getting).

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi markm
    if you go to somersoft.com and join you will find that they have the perth somersoft meeting nxt week and it would be good to go along and meet some property investors in perth.

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Profile photo of Mama2MiaMama2Mia
    Participant
    @mama2mia

Hi Mark,

We’ve had this very question put to the Adelaide investors group many times as newbies feel more comfortable with someone guiding them to start off with but we’ve never once had a volunteer, and i don’t think its because noone wants to but moreso because mentoring is a very time consuming task to take on. If you’re after a mentor that will teach you the “how to’s” in order to do specific deals this also makes it harder because your investing goal and the mentors goal may be different hence the strategy used may not necessarily suit you best (i.e. reno, developments, lease options/wraps etc)

Having said that, the newbies that come along to the investors meetings benefit greatly from hearing other investors speak and share their stories. Also the networking that comes along with these sorts of groups is priceless!

Grossrealisation mentioned an investors group in perth, i would highly recommend going along to one of those meetings and see how you go.

Good luck and congrats on taking the first step [exhappy]

Cheers,

Kim

Kim Anand
    [email protected]

“Money Can’t Buy you Happiness but it Does Bring you a More Pleasant Form of Misery”

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

I agree with Kim, an investor group is a better alternative to one on one mentoring because it gives you the benefit of multi-skilled individuals that you can source information from.

Also I often find it helpful to give someone in the group a quick phone call regarding a particular issue if I need some extra information rather than having someone there discussing overall investing one on one.

Another thing you could try is to joint-venture with someone in a development or other project and then follow them into council meetings etc to see exactly how the process is done. People will be more willing to teach you if you have a stake in their project.

all the best!

Xenia Ioannou-Mena
    Property Manager &
    Property Sales Consultant
    E: [email protected]
    M. 0412 437 582

Profile photo of markmmarkm
    @markm

Thanks Guys,

Suggestions taken on board, will follow up !!!

Profile photo of dedfreddedfred
    @dedfred

Hi Guys,

I’m yet another newbie looking to make it in the IP market. Can you guys pls let me know when do these User Group meeting take place and does it take place in Sydney and if so when is the next one.

I’ll be really keen to get views from those who have ‘walked the path’ I’m taking on.

I’m looking at QLD for my first IP and boy is it hard. Who ever said IP was easy money…but as the saying goes ‘you’ve gotta work hard to earn ur living’ and reseaching the market is hard work.

Anyway, if someone can provide me with details about these Group sessions it would be most apprecitated.

Cheers [thumbsupanim]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.