All Topics / Help Needed! / loss of rent insurance for commercial property

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of persuasionxpersuasionx
    @persuasionx

Hi we own a small commercial unit in a block of four other units, question is does anybody offer loss or rent cover for this type of investment as i cant seem to find anyone that does, easy to get loss of rent for buisness interuption like the place burns down or something like that, but not straight loss of rent due to tenant leaving. Any help would be very appreiated or just any comments on what sort of insurance policy would be best for this situation, the building itself is insured through the body corp.[goatee]

Profile photo of truebluetrueblue
    @trueblue

I’ve checked with my insurance broker. Unfortunately there are no covers for loss of rent for the situations you mentioned.

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

We cover this situation in our commercial proeperties by always requiringa bank guarantee for at least 6 months rental as a condition of accepting the tenant as a lessee.

The tenant always tries to say no – but we have them in all our commercial properties , even from big and international companies.

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 15,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.PropertyUpdate.com.au

Profile photo of truebluetrueblue
    @trueblue

Very good advice Michael. We normally asked for 3 months bond or a personal guarantee. But I like the 6 months bank guarantee better.

trueblue

Profile photo of LukeNealeLukeNeale
    @lukeneale

Hi
    I have a small commercial place in NZ (student accommodation) and I couldnt get loss of rent insurance except for Fire, Earthquale and the like. Then insurers will almost never insure against loss of tenant, becasue it may be argued that it is due to circumstances which are avoidable, like bad management, or lack of advertising. etc
    Hope this helps
    Luke

LIVE ABUNDANTLY
    John 10:10

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.