All Topics / Help Needed! / How do I go about this

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of stuck-at-twostuck-at-two
    @stuck-at-two

Own a unit. Unit number 1. However when purchased 4 years ago, unit 2 was using number 1 garage. (Some dodgey verbal agreement)

I now want either to formalise the arrangement (so i officially own garage number 2, which is better) or return to having access to my garage number 1. (about to do renovations)

Question, If unit two agrees to swap garages, what paperwork do I need to complete. Can i just draw up a onepager and have them sign or do I need to do more as far as the title is concerned.

Anyone know..or care [blink]

Profile photo of davidg2152davidg2152
    @davidg2152

I’m not really sure but I think that you can just get an agreement written up with the Strata. My friend had a similar situation and was worried that by pointing it out she might lose the good garage! but she was part of her Strata Executive Committee, so I think it was pretty easy for her to organise the appropriate agreements. I think perhaps they are supposed to put it on the Executive Committee minutes that go to everyone in your complex and then as long as no one disputes your claim, it can be processed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.