All Topics / Value Adding / cleaning up renovation dust

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of jebrojebro
    @jebro

Great news for all of us teadrinking renovators.I heard a tip on the radio today that teabags are great for getting reno dust off the floor! Apparently all you do is tie a number of used moist teabags to the broom and it will come up much more easily. Tip was also to use a bit of tannin in a cloth for other surfaces. Something to do with the tannins binding to the dust particles more easily…? I don’t know if this has been scientifically tested and I havn’t it tried myself yet. Has anyone else heard of this?
    It made the afternoon wait in the school car queue a bit more interesting.[blink]

jebro

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Im happy with a damp cloth!

Profile photo of ogilvyogilvy
    @ogilvy

Any tea in particular?

Profile photo of tenorBbtenorBb
    @tenorbb

Interesting thought…
    Here’s another.

If you do use moist tea bags on the end of a broom, the main point is;

“Is it as good…..as Bushells”[strum][headphone]

Sorry!!

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

What do you do to get rid of the strong tea smell once you’ve cleared all the dust? Or what about all the streaky tea stains you’ve left all over the floors?

Ozi

Profile photo of Bob DobelinaBob Dobelina
    Participant
    @bob-dobelina

Yerrs, so I was reading this while drinking my Spring Valley juice and guess what there is this little factoid under the lid: “Until the nineteenth century, solid blocks of tea were used as money in Siberia”.

Anyhoo, I agree with Ozi, surely you don’t wipe the moist teabags all over the floor as you sweep? IMaybe a dum question, but I for one hate reno dust, it’s often a real pain to clean up.

BD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.