All Topics / Help Needed! / rental increase

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

hi there
    I have just signed a contract on some flats. The owners, in their 80’s had managed the flats themselves and had the rent at well below market value.

Now I have to give 2 weeks notice to put up the rent. Can I give the tennants notice of this during the contract period? Perhaps when it goes unconditional? Or do I have to wait the 30 days contract till the flats are legally mine before I contact the tennants?

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Milly

It may be a little late now but I would have made it a condition of my offer that the vendors increased the rental on all units by $x on exchange of contracts.

If you have a good relationship with the vendors, ask them if they mind if you write up a letter which they can authorise, increasing the rent. Can’t get shot for asking :-)

Cheers, Paul

Paul & Karen Dobson
    negative2positive
    Turn your negatively geared property into positive cashflow.
    Phone: (02) 4984 9540

Talk to us about Wrap Training Joint Ventures.

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of connor1connor1
    Participant
    @connor1

Hi
    http://www.thelandlord.com.au is an excellent site to help you run and manage your own property .It has all this sort of info to help Landlords who run their own property.

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

a big smoochie MWAHHH to you. This site is fantastic for me as I intend to now handle all my properties.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.