All Topics / Heads Up! / Margaret Lomas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of JJS_loveJJS_love
    @jjs_love

Has anyone read the recent book by Margaret Lomas, “The truth about positive cashflow property”?

She mentioned about the Masterclass, which I assume meant the Masterclass conducted by Steve.

She has some strong opinions ( and bad..) about this class and his approach.

Am I the only one who feels a bit uncomfortable after reading this book?????[confused2]

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Yes i heard this as well and am looking forward to reading her book.

One of the best stratagies you can do in business in Zig when others Zag – sort of like the tall poppy syndrome.

Remember when negative gearing was the rage – then along came positive gearing or positive cash flow, now many accountants are saying that property is less attractive because of the changing tax rates.

So I think Margret is pushing her barrow like any body else does in this country IMHO

D

Profile photo of HousemenderHousemender
    @housemender

Yes I was surprised by her latest book – I read the first two and they had some good stuff in them, but the most recent book was very different and contained a lot of rather strong opinions of hers. It was interesting though!!!

Profile photo of snowkiwisnowkiwi
    Participant
    @snowkiwi

I haven’t read her “Truth” book, but I found her “pocket guide” quite useful. There are definitely some things in there I don’t agree with, including some strong opinions, but that’s the same with anyone, isn’t it.

Just remember, it’s your game, so be realistic, but take the bits that fit your game and leave the rest. Don’t let someone’s negativity get you down if you’re convinced you’re on the right track for you. What is right for her may not fit you and vice versa.

e.g. I’ve heard plenty of people say wraps are a rip-off strategy, yet there are hundreds of people who have used them as a great service. I’ve also heard people say landlords are all greedy pigs. Yet all of them ripped off their landlords at every opportunity they could get. It’s all a matter of your viewpoint.

Craig.

100% of the shots I don’t make don’t go in – Wayne Gretzky

Profile photo of HousemenderHousemender
    @housemender

Yep I agree there are some really good points in the other books – and also some of the new book. I think there are many aspects of property investing that don’t have a wrong or a right way. I’ve just read Michael Yardney’s book which was really good, but contained some differing views to those set out in Steve’s book. I think the best way is to read as many books as possible, take all the different info on board and then decide what’s the best stragegy for your individual situation.[biggrin]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.