All Topics / Help Needed! / Services to subdivision

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of WinzerWinzer
    Participant
    @winzer

If I’m planning on buying a house and splitting the land in half, then selling off the new 2nd section of land with plans and permits, do I bother bringing services such as water gas and electricity in? Is this a requirement?

Mark.

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

It will depend on your local Council requirements and the zoning of the land. Assuming low density though most Councils will require you to connect at least water, storm water, sewerage and driveway access. Electricy and phone will depend on the area if its above or below ground. The Council will detail out the work necessary in the DA approval but I suggest you have a chat with a town planner first.

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of swerveswerve
    Participant
    @swerve

For you to subdivide you will need to have carried out the Councils Development Application conditions of approval. In my 2 experiences on subdividing the Council wanted all main services run (under ground) and detailed to me specifically where these were to be placed eg east of original house. All councils are different. Visit yours and discuss likely requirements of the DA and budget as necessary.

Profile photo of swerveswerve
    Participant
    @swerve

For you to subdivide you will need to have carried out the Councils Development Application conditions of approval. In my 2 experiences on subdividing the Council wanted all main services run (under ground) and detailed to me specifically where these were to be placed eg east of original house. All councils are different. Visit yours and discuss likely requirements of the DA and budget as necessary.

Profile photo of DeeveDeeve
    Participant
    @deeve

Mark

Ensure you also check with the utilities regarding if they are required, the cost, and who is responsible for the work. The cost of providing each utility can be either fixed or based on the work required/existing infrastructure. In some instances these costs can be quite high. Also I’ve found local land surveyors are a good source of local subdivision knowledge.
    Having said all that, I’m also starting out with my first subdivsion!
    Cheers

David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.