All Topics / Help Needed! / agent fees geradton

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of recoverymanrecoveryman
    @recoveryman

Hi
    I think the agents in Geeradton have got a thing going with fees
    they all charge the same high rate arounf 5% on sale price, or is it because I from the eastern states
    does anyone else have the same problem and what solutions are there.
    Glenn

“I should be content to look at a mountain for what it is and not as a comment on my life” D. Ignatow

Profile photo of holdencommodoreholdencommodore
    @holdencommodore

Looks like I’ll be moving there next week – here I am working for 2-2.5! It may depend on the local market – median houseprices and how much work needs to go into it to sell something there, but 5% seems pretty excessive. Good market for a smaller agency to open up and cut commissions, but without the local knowledge I can’t say too much more.

Shop around, tell them you’ve been offered $X with $Y as marketing package – what can they offer you? You’ll usually find that unless they’re the market leader by a long shot, they’ll match whatever you’ve been offered (or close to it).

(“,) $$$ HoLdEnCoMmOdOrE $$$ (“,)

Profile photo of recoverymanrecoveryman
    @recoveryman

They all charge the same and they all know that
    glenn

“I should be content to look at a mountain for what it is and not as a comment on my life” D. Ignatow

Profile photo of holdencommodoreholdencommodore
    @holdencommodore

So you’re saying that every agent in town would rather not get any money at all than drop it by even just 0.5 or 1%? There’s a clear market there for one of the agents to cut their commissions and really boost their market share. You should try to sell that to them, see how they respond. Either that or get them to pay for all advertising and get a really well presented package.

(“,) $$$ HoLdEnCoMmOdOrE $$$ (“,)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.