All Topics / Value Adding / laminate benchtops and new doors

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of jacliftjaclift
    @jaclift

Can anyone recommend a supplier/tradespeople in Perth that does kitchen resurfacing – replacing laminate benchtops and doors. Or would i just get a cabinetmaker to do it?

Maybe my job is too small -a unit, and that’s why nobody is interested in helping me!

Profile photo of jebrojebro
    @jebro

Hi Jaclift,

I found some information while at HomeBase in Subiaco.
    “Unique surface restoration” in Bayswater 92712554 I havn’t used them. Would be interested in your feedback if you try them out.

I have used Newport postformers (Balcatta) for new laminate bench-tops. Good service and they even deliver(for a small charge) whic was very good news when I realised how heavy the new top was and didn’t have a hope of getting it on the car roof, let alone into the unit, and it was raining!

Good luck

You wouldn’t happen to know a good tiler perchance for a small job (6.3 mtres sq)?

jebro

Profile photo of fernfurnfernfurn
    @fernfurn

Recovering benchtops with laminate is a cow of a job, perhaps thats why no-one will tackle it. The laminate rips very easily and then you would expect him to replace it – profit gone for tradie. A much better idea is to have new benchtops made and just pull off old ones and put on new. Measure very carefully and make a template of any L shaped pieces, as I did this job once and when we came to put the new benchtop on, found the wall was out of square

Fern

Profile photo of lyndon_glyndon_g
    @lyndon_g

I use Character Cabinets for all the new houses we build.

they are very good and quite helpful, so give them a try. not sure what their stance is on small reno jobs though.

i think replacing is most likely the best way to go.

Lyndon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.