All Topics / Help Needed! / Where To Start?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of EdgysquidEdgysquid
    @edgysquid

Ah yes, that age old question, Where do I start? [withstupid]

This is my first post so I’ll keep it short and sweet.

Having read 0-130 and numerous other finance books, I thought Property may be a good foundation. Basically looking for suggestions, (non-abusive) comments, ideas, or how other people have started.

Being 17, I won’t be starting straight away, but money is already being put away for the near future when “My journey to financial freedom begins!” [grad]

Cheers
    Andy

Profile photo of TracyDTracyD
    @tracyd

Hi Andy,
    It would be great if we all got interested as young as you!

In my situation – I saved a deposit for a home loan at age 22. We didnt have the first home owners grant then, so was a little different.
    I spent some good years paying mortgage and renovating the property and then started investing in property when I was 29 using the equity. I am now about to buy the 6th IP.
    You dont have to wait so long in between buying home and IP – its just that I was enjoying life and taking it easy other than investing hard [party].

I can only suggest that the more you read the better – and visit this forum regularly for up to date info! Good luck!

TD

Profile photo of EdgysquidEdgysquid
    @edgysquid

Thanks Tracy!

My latest idea (read: one I read on this website) was to persuade my parents to buy a house, let me do all the planning, work and organization towards renovating, then sell it for a profit (hopefully) and return the money to them, just so I could start off with some money that could go on to be used for further renovation projects or down payments of cash flow positive properties [aacool]. When this idea was proposed to my father, the reply I received was a scratch of his chin and a sarcastic “oh really”. Although, one of my concerns is that i would assume the market would be beyond flooded with rennovated houses. [ohno2]

C’mon people! All you lurkers out there! i know how much people love to give their opinion here! I’m open!
    [medieval]

Andy

Profile photo of cbellesinicbellesini
    Participant
    @cbellesini

Have you been to any seminars (eg Masterclass), great for networking and you will people who could give you better soutions than Oh really, keep reading and educating, trust me there is no hurry at your age

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.