All Topics / Overseas Deals / US property help needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of berryinc25berryinc25
    Participant
    @berryinc25

hi everyone,

I have enquired with Elko NV county clerk as to the process of reselling US land, and he said I may need to obtain an Apostle Seal to notarize a deed for the transfer of title deed . He said this is obtainable from the Secretary of state. Has anybody heard of this Seal ?

P.S. Westan

Thanks for your email, I have been away and will get back to you soon

regards, Will

creativity is more valuable than your next IP purchase

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Will

what your after is a “Apostille Seal” i think you can get them through the Dept of Trade & Foreign Affairs. If your in Sydney and they are only available between 9am and 1pm, i believe.

Definition – Apostille is a French word which means a certification. It is commonly used in English to refer to the legalisation of a document for international use under the terms of the 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents. A document which has been certified with a conformant apostille is accepted for legal use in all the nations that have signed the Hague Convention. It is comparable to a notarisation in Common Law.

regards westan

USA deals, cash flow equity and capital growth all in one property.
    International Property Consulting Pty/Ltd.
    Property Investing New Zealand Ltd
    http://www.iproperty.net.au

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Far out what a drama that is the ” apostille “seal.When i was in there it was really funny actually, people didnt even know how to pronounce it lettle lone what the heck it was!!I just said it the aussie way “apossill”!
    A couple of things to watch with that. Firstly you can also go to the Us consulate in the MLC building(19-29 martin pl sydney ph 93739200) .But if u do go to the consulate to get it apostille sealed just make sure you phone them first to DOUBLE check that the solicitor u go to first for the notarisation is one of thier specialy approved solicitors otherwise theyll send u home!(cost $39and theyll do it while u wait 9am -11am only)
    If u go to the DFAT(123 pitt st sydney 93566222 9 till 1pm) though they will accept any notary .(they charge 60 bucks per page u want apostilled or 80 for a full binding) Also the DFAT wont do it while u wait but u can pick it up the next day or theyll post it.If its urgent though u can take a next day delivery envelope with u !
    Have fun with that little trip !
    I am not looking forward to going back there mate,those citys are scarey places for us country boys ha ha

Luke

We’ve got 70 yrs on planet earth,Lets make the most of every day!

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of berryinc25berryinc25
    Participant
    @berryinc25

thanks for the very useful information Westan and worldchanger; I live in Canberra BTW.

creativity is more valuable than your next IP purchase

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.