All Topics / General Property / Using Investment Detective

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of jkrejcijkrejci
    @jkrejci

Hi All

Just wanted to hear from anyone who uses Investment Detective. I need to find out what the difference is between the “Budget” and “Actual” tab. Is the Budget tab a rough estimate of what the costs will be before buying the investment property? Also is the Actuals tab the actual costs incurred after the property is purchased?

Thanks for your help.

Profile photo of Investment DetectiveInvestment Detective
    @investment-detective

Hi

You’re spot on with the description, it is also a good idea to do a budget at the begining of every year you own the property to compare with the actuals during and at the end of the year. Its a good way to double check your due dilligence process. If you get differences between the budget and actuals, you are in a position to ask why the differences came about and be better prepared for the next year.

Hope this helps

Regards

Philip Batey

Investment Detective
    The best way to crunch the numbers and manage your portfolios
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/resources/24.html

Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

jkrejci,

I used the software once It’s that complicated, that I’ve only used it one time.
    The bastard must have deliberatey done this to show how cleaver he thinks he is.

One time was enough. Never again. I threw it in my junk draw.

NEVER WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS SOFTWARE TO ANYONE.

There are easier,quicker programmes out there.And cheaper.

bruham.

Profile photo of Investment DetectiveInvestment Detective
    @investment-detective

Hi bruham

Sorry you didn’t have a good experience with ID, I have worked hard to create a program for the widest range of users, I don’t recall getting an email from you about your problems. I would love to hear about the issues you had as every problem I hear about helps me make ID better.

Also, if you are that unhappy with ID, please feel free to return it to the team here at PropertyInvesting.com and we would be happy to refund your purchase, no questions asked.

It would also be greatly appreciated if you would keep the language toned down, if you have a problem, it’s best to ask for help rather than calling someone names.

Regards

Philip Batey

Investment Detective
    The best way to crunch the numbers and manage your portfolios
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/resources/24.html

Profile photo of kwarriorkwarrior
    @kwarrior
    Investment Detective wrote:
    Hi bruham Sorry you didn't have a good experience with ID, I have worked hard to create a program for the widest range of users, I don't recall getting an email from you about your problems. I would love to hear about the issues you had as every problem I hear about helps me make ID better. Also, if you are that unhappy with ID, please feel free to return it to the team here at PropertyInvesting.com and we would be happy to refund your purchase, no questions asked. It would also be greatly appreciated if you would keep the language toned down, if you have a problem, it's best to ask for help rather than calling someone names. Regards Philip Batey Investment Detective The best way to crunch the numbers and manage your portfolios https://www.propertyinvesting.com/resources/24.html

Hello ID,

I was wondering if somebody could help me "understand" a few variable….I am new to this, so please excuse my immature request.

a) Cash Receipts – Try as I did, with ID, I couldnt 'tally' my cash receipts….how is this figure calculated
    b) What happens when I use ID in the "second" financial year after purchase of Property…would the "depreciation" figures fall ?
    c) I am getting a Positive Cash Flow for a Property worth 220K, with returns of 240/week….according to the 11sec rule, this is not true…but ID shows a CF+ figure…how is the Net Flow calculated on ID

Was wondering if I had further questions, could I come here and ask them ?
    I am new, as I said, but  am a "do-er"…I go out and "do" what I learn…I am very keen on getting onto the property defined above, but a bit sceptical of the figures…because (I am techy ..well, a bit!!) I cant seem to be able to compute them !!

Help!!
    Kris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.