All Topics / Help Needed! / Advice for Western Sydney?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of snowkiwisnowkiwi
    Participant
    @snowkiwi

I’m looking at the Hebersham, Dharruk, Bidwill, Blackett area in Western Sydney. I think the proximity to the M7, along with the relatively low prices would make it a good site for wrapping and renting.

Can anyone offer advice – good or bad – on the area?

I’ve heard a lot of people didn’t like living in houses backing onto reserves a few years ago, ’cause burglars used to jump their fences and rob their houses regularly. Any other pearls like that I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks,

Craig.

100% of the shots I don’t make don’t go in – Wayne Gretzky

Profile photo of tenorBbtenorBb
    @tenorbb

Hi Snowkiwi

Without knowing your financial situation, here’s some advice from someone who used to live in Blackett just over 5 years ago…

Houses back then (and for the majority of our interstate readers I’ll clarify) were mostly housing commission with a small minority who were owners. We lived in a rental on a main road and were offered the chance to buy our house for 75k.
    We declined…
    Now, houses in the same area are reaching 255k +.

My reason for this email?
    Don’t pre-empt social demographics by ‘looking for the bad reasons’ to get into a particular area. Sure, all areas are bound to have their bad eggs from time to time. Some houses do tend to have a fairly high vacancy rent, while others you wouldn’t touch with a barge pole. It all comes down to research, research.

By the way…I learnt from my procrastination.
    I’m now buying my own house near Erskine Pk, with 2 IP’s. A house in Adelaide and unit in Townsville.
    Good luck for your future investing endeavours.[specs]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.