All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in the Riverland, SA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of dare_to_dreamdare_to_dream
    @dare_to_dream

Hi guys,

I’ve just started looking in the Riverland area such as Loxton, Berri, Barmera, Waikerie, Murray Bridge for positive cashflow properties. However, all the cheap properties are very old weatherboard houses, which would need quite alot of maintenance and the expected rental returns are around $110p.w. What do people think of investing in this area? All these towns are located on the Murray River, which increases the likely hood of capital growth. Is there anywhere else in South Australia where I could look for positive cashflow properties?

Regards,
    Paul Koehne

Profile photo of Investor1313Investor1313
    @investor1313

What do you want out of an investment??

I would have thought that there would be some reasonable finds in Murray Bridge.

Have you had a look at Port Pirie, or even worst – Port Augusta??

Regards
    Investor1313

Profile photo of dare_to_dreamdare_to_dream
    @dare_to_dream

I am looking for CF+ properties so that I can begin to reduce the number of hours I need to work everyday. I’ve read about 15 books of investment property and i’ve been looking through the papers and internet for the last 4 months and can’t find any CF+ properties. The best I could find was about 7% gross return from rent.

Any suggestions as to how I can find CF+ IP?

Thanks
    Paul

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Paul,

My mother in law lives on a farm in Blanchetown. Prices along the Murray have risen incredibly during recent years and i think you would have trouble getting a decent property that gave you a reasonable rental return, the quality of tennants would also be pretty ordinary from what I have seen.

If you want cashflow, you might be better off looking at commercial property.

Regards
    Alistair

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.