All Topics / Help Needed! / student accomodation

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of shaneomac79shaneomac79
    @shaneomac79

hi everyone,
    I’m looking at buying an apartment which is rented out to uni students and I wasn’t sure if there was anything I should look out for that may be different to “normal” residential properties. I’m just starting out so any ideas will help.
    Thanks.

Profile photo of NewMoneyNewMoney
    @newmoney

Hi Shane,

I’ve considered this option also, but remembering what myself and my friends were like when we were that age has somewhat deterred me from it.[biggrin]

Mark

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I used to live in a 6 bedroom house during 1st year at uni. The owner rented each room individually, and didn’t live there himself.

Depending on the size of the place, you may need at least 2 refridgerators, and 2 washing machines.

Watch out for phones. probably don’t need one these days, but if you had a land line who would be responsible for the calls? You!

Electricity, you may be better off paying this yourself, and factoring it into the rent.

Cleaning. Some residents will be cleaner than others, and may resent cleaning up common areas under a shared arrangement etc

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of jsprijspri
    @jspri

As a current uni student renting thought i might give you the inside knowledge.

I dont think this is a deterent at all.

We pay pay all the bills phone/internet water/gas etc and the rent. I live with 3 other engineering male students and on the rare occasions we have a few ppl over for some beers and a bbq. [happy3]

Most Uni students that are renting have gone through the partying all the time stage on campus and are sick of that and move into a house with mates where they can get some work done. And also another thing to note is a lot of uni students are internationals who have a lot of money and good payers.

Obviously this is not the case with everyone.

Would you prefer 4 year kids drawing on your walls ?

Regards Jarred

Cheap and easy way to transfer money overseas.
    http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=jarred_spriggs%5Burl%5D%5B/url%5D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.