All Topics / Help Needed! / 3 IP options: Advice needed

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of sasharifsasharif
    Participant
    @sasharif

I am planing to buy an IP costing $90 – 100K. I have 3 options;

1. Buying a house/ town house in Gippsland (vic) around Morwell area. (I have already got 2 discouraging advice in my previous mail; I am not sure what the others think).

2. Buying an unit in Mildura (Vic).

3. Buying a house or duplex in Elizabeth/ surroundig area (Adelaide).

At this stage I am not interested in NZ or other overseas IP.
    Your advice will highly appreciated.

Regards
    Sharif

Sharif

Profile photo of sasharifsasharif
    Participant
    @sasharif

Guys and Gals:
    Eagerly waiting for your kind advice.

Sharif

Sharif

Profile photo of Finding the AnswersFinding the Answers
    @finding-the-answers

Hi sharif,

I think you need to work out what you investing goal is and what result you want to get from investing 90-100 thousand dollars. Then apply this formula to all the properties in all the areas that you are looking at and choose the best option from there.

If you think you are too small try sleeping with a mosquito in the room!!!!!!!!

Profile photo of dalefreodalefreo
    Participant
    @dalefreo

What do you think of the deals? What are the Cash on cash returns? What are the gross returns? The areas don’t matter, the numbers do.

Dale

Participant
    @sasharif

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Sharif

Sharif

Profile photo of peejay121764peejay121764
    Participant
    @peejay121764

Sharif
    The figures have to stack up for themselves. But if I had to pick one of the three, it would be the Elizabeth area. Margaret Lomax (author and multiple property owner) covers this in her book. I dont know much about the Morwell area or if it is a growth area. Mildura is a fruit growing area with a lot of transient workers and if you had a long-stayer they would probably pick a house rather than a unit. Elizabeth although an outer suburb is still within commuting distance of Adelaide and Lomax made the comment that a lot of people are buying up the former housing commission houses on good sized blocks, doing a reno and in the process changing the atmosphere of the area. I’m one that thinks the area is important. If the area you buy into is growing, then demand does too and prices will rise. Best of luck..

Profile photo of as41as41
    Participant
    @as41

I know a lot about Mildura–have you ever been there?
    1. prices have increased a lot over the past 6 years…..now have stabilised. You wont get anything in your price range unless it way out of town.. Good rental makret for transient people…..You either have to but close to town…townhouses there are lots of…… For epople that have been unable to afford this they have developed lots of residential estates in the outskirts that are full of first home buyers and renters………There is a lot of unemplyment in this demographic also… you might do o.k buying something close to town or river where you might appreciate your equity but then you are looking at very high $250,000++to purchase a house… [inlove]

Snowflake

Participant
    @sasharif

Thanks for the advice. It appears Elizabeth might be a better option. Do you guys know any buyer’ agent in Adelaide. I can not find one in the domain.com web site or in the realestate.com.au.
    Thanks again.
    Sharif

Sharif

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Maybe try DrX ;o)?

Definetly knows the areas

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.