All Topics / Finance / VALUATION ABOVE PURCHASE PRICE??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of RavtownRavtown
    @ravtown

Does anyone know of a bank/lending institution that will do this?

Basically I am looking to buy at $145 000 and value at $150 000 so that I can cover closing costs using a LOC which is leveraged against the equity in my existing home. Overall the portfolio will still stay at 80% LVR or less ie I would have more than 20% equity across the two properties.

I have seen a message or two that indicate bank west might give it a whirl. Are there any others or does anyone have any tips on how I might improve my chances of making this happen?

Or any other alternatives anyone can think of?
    cheers

Rav

Profile photo of Investor1313Investor1313
    @investor1313

In most instances, Valuers are independant from the banks. You can’t just label an institution as conservative or over the top, because they lend on what the Valuers put Market Value down as. Good luck finding a Valuer that will put more on it than what you paid.

If this property is in a country area, maybe try ANZ or NAB that have their own managers go out to have a look.

Maybe you could shell out for Mortgage Insurance, or find a lender that will accept a greater LVR.

Regards
    Investor1313

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Are you saying you want a bank to lend on valuation price rather than contract price? There are lenders that will do this, but for lower LVRs – around 75%. You won’t get one that high, although if you approach your existing lender, they may be able to accomodate a bit depending on how big your portfolio is.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of RavtownRavtown
    @ravtown

Thank you for your thoughts everyone.

I have already spoken to ANZ on this as they are my current financier and the valuer there said his hands are tied as it is against bank policy.

I am only a little fish, so as yet they are not falling over themselves to help out.

Perhaps I have found a better deal now anyway.

regards

rav

Profile photo of AnitamarshallAnitamarshall
    Participant
    @anitamarshall

In 99% of property loans I have put through lately the valuation comes in at the purchase price so it would be difficult to find a lender that would get a valuer to go above that unless it is a “favourable purchase” (as in you are buying it from a family member for less than the market value or something similar to that).

Depending on which area you are located in I have found the valuations for RAMS and Suncorp come in higher than most in the area that I am located (Port Stephens/Newcastel) but honestly they havent come in higher for a purchase.

I would recommend you get a broker to look at your overall structure and make a recommendation based on your asset/liability position. A lot of lenders will lend to 100% now anyway on full doc loans at very competitive rates. RAMS will now lend to 100% at their standard variable full doc rate.

Anita Marshall
    Advanced Finance Solutions
    http://www.advancedfinance.com.au
    [email protected]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

There’s an answer to your question already posted above if you think laterally…..

;o)

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.