All Topics / Value Adding / Subdivision steps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of jacliftjaclift
    @jaclift

Hi,

What are the steps for approving a subdivision in WA? Also what is the time period for an approval. This is given that the zoning allows it.

Do i have to get engineers/surveyors services as well for the application?

Any tips on things not to miss or the most efficient order to the steps?

Profile photo of Sailesh CSailesh C
    @sailesh-c

Hi
    The key to success is conducting a detailed feasibility analysis. Your due diligence should also include consulting a townplanner for advice. He will then outline the steps for you to follow.

The basis are as follows.
    If you need to lodge a DA then you will need a surveyor then an architect to prepare development drawings. You may need engineers reports if your site is difficult. The types of engineers will depend on the problem. it is generally better to provied as much information upfront rather then waiting for the council to tell you what to do as this will cause delays.

Once the DA is approved you will need to study the conditions appropriately. You also organise BA drawings together with engineering and submit to your builder for a fixed price quote.

Good luck

Sailesh Channan

http://www.developersedge.com.au

“Helping you select,develop and profit from property”

Profile photo of jebrojebro
    @jebro

Hi Jaclift,

Ring the relevant Shire and ask to speak to someone in town planning. They are usually very helpful. There are a couple of Surveyors in WA who will project manage it all for you (all you have to do is pay the bills!)
    Approvals I have had have been valid for three years.

The most frustrating bit is waiting for the title to come through at the end. Three months for the last one and settlement can’t go through until you have it.

jebro

Profile photo of taffytaffy
    @taffy

hi
    im doing a duplex development in perth at the moment and the biggest hurdles are finding land and rising building costs

Profile photo of jacliftjaclift
    @jaclift

Taffy,

What is the average time to build a duplex in the current market in Perth?

Profile photo of taffytaffy
    @taffy

hi.
    purchased block on a$1000 deposit august 05.
    titles issued feb 06 so paid for the block, in the meantime gemill homes did a fesibility study.

homes are in the wanneroo shire,who are swamped so planning,building licence etc was last month.
    gemmill homes did the pre-start for me so the slabs should go down this month. i hope

hope this helps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.