All Topics / General Property / Value of property on a major road

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of YCYC
    Participant
    @yc

I have just come across a house on a major road, with speed limit of 80 and the house is a 2 storey house on a big block with a large front yard. It’s about 1-2 min drive from the center of an outer east Melbourne suburb. I wonder how much the noise (or other)factor would affect the price of the property, and what about rental?

All advice are greatly apperciated. Thanks in advance!![strum][strum]

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi YC

Don’t tell any wrappers about it or they’ll grab it in a flash :-) Why? Houses on main roads usually get discounted pretty heavily because of their location but when you sell them using vendor finance (wrap) you can usually sell them for full price.

Good luck.

Cheers, Paul

Paul & Karen Dobson
    negative2positive
    Turn your negatively geared property into positive cashflow.
    Phone: (02) 4984 9540

Talk to us about Wrap Training Joint Ventures.

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of YCYC
    Participant
    @yc

Really? But why? Is it because of the landlord being able to ask for a better price because his buyers are strugling to find finance?

Anyway this is pro. not the deal for me, ’cause I’m not ready for a wrap yet, though very interested in it if I can find a buyer … [cowboy2] Or maybe I can sell the information to someone who is interested… the price of the property IMO is heavily discounted, and has great potential for a development project.[exhappy]

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi YC

As the market has “motivated sellers”, it also has “motivated buyers”. And yes these “motivated buyers” tend to look past the major road location, if it’s going to get them what they want, i.e. their own home.

As the opportunity of this property is now out in the open, lets see if any wrappers contact you. If they do and you sell the opportunity of this property to them, you’ve just started your bird dogging career :-)

Gook luck.

Cheers, Paul

Paul & Karen Dobson
    negative2positive
    Turn your negatively geared property into positive cashflow.
    Phone: (02) 4984 9540

Talk to us about Wrap Training Joint Ventures.

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of YCYC
    Participant
    @yc

How true this is ~!![evo]

I’ve also just talked to the REA about the house and he said the owner would like to sell the house pre-auction at a reasonable price. I have a feeling that they want to sell this quick and as they have already got their new place (posibly to obtain cash for the new house). If anyone is interested in this feel free to give me a PM or email, but be quick as this is going to auction soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.