All Topics / Finance / development finance advice pls

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of HappyHomesHappyHomes
    Participant
    @impatient

I am seeking advice on obtaining finance for 2 small development projects coming up very soon.
    I have limited avail. funds upfront, so am wondering what my options are to obtain the most amount of funds?
    I am assuming low or no doc will be my only choices.
    I am seeking as much as possible to fund project. If possible, 100%. Is anyone able to give advice on what they think I will be able to borrow? And which type of loan?
    I have an ABN, current for aprox 2 years. I have “possible” (I am told this is all I need) income for the next financial year of aprox $100K.
    Q1: Will “future possible” income be taken in to consideration? Including development profits??
    This estimated income includes rent, wages & development profits.
    This is a brief:
    The first project is to build 4 units. Plans just approved. I will need aprox $500k as 100% borrowing, to complete project. Otherwise I will have to sell as either blocks only, or as a development site. This would obviously reduce my profit margin, so is not preferable.
    Q2: Any advice on how I can access funds in stages, to fund the next stage?? I am thinking maybe each unit’s equity as they are built, or selling off the plan, (any advice on doing this?) or any other “creative” ways??
    Q3: will a bank take into consideration the equity once the property has been approved for sub-div? I imagine that would give me at least enough of a deposit to borrow against it to build the first unit??
    Q4: Would bank take into consideration the equity to borrow against after sub-div approval, of each vacant block as is?? (eg:
    each block is now worth $80k, therefore total is 3 blocks at $80k= $240k, plus house at $140k=total $380k. therefore should be able to borrow against $380k??????[confused2]
    Or would they still only value it as an undeveloped block, as it was before approval, with just the house? (ie $140k) ???
    AAHH! My head is about to explode…..[weird]
    I wont go into other project just now. Think this one is long enough!

HappyHomes | HappyHomes
    Email Me

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.