All Topics / Value Adding / Tradesmen in Adelaide?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of JVTJVT
    @jvt

Hi all,

I am not intimately familiar with Adelaide (as i live in Perth), and my budget for property is sub $200k. I am targetting near CBD or Near beach 2 bd units in Adelaide. My strategy is buy renovate sell.

I have planned a trip to Adelaide next weekend so I have taken a day or two away from work to line up some viewings. Problem arises in speaking to a few agents who tell me there is simply NO money to be made right now in renovation and tradesmen are simply impossible to get. Even if you can get them they are quoting way high for work…this is what I am being told.

Can anyone comment here? Anyone in Adelaide have a more knowledgable insight than me? My attraction to Adelaide started when i noticed the pricing of property (on the whole) seemed cheaper than just about anywhere else in Australia (capital cities i mean). Even regional centres in WA are now more expensive than Adelaide to my frustration (an some others joy I am sure).

I want to keep my project small and build my cash.
    All feedback appreciated.

JES

Profile photo of Mama2MiaMama2Mia
    Participant
    @mama2mia

Hi Jes,

I think one lesson in the real estate business is to never take a real estate agent’s word for it. One example is hubby and i recently heard a well known Australian investor say to a group of Adelaide Investors that Adelaide’s market wasn’t so good and that its not a great state to make money. Well i know for a fact that this investor was talking to a group of at least 20 or so Adelaide investors in the room who have and still are making great profits in Adelaide be it renos, subdivisions, construction etc. There’s money to be made most definitely so i guess my advice to you would be not to be scared by what agents or anyone else says. Treat everything as opinion until proven to be fact!

There are houses still around for Low 200s (10-15kms)not too far from CBD depending on how far you consider to be far. So bargains still to be snapped up here.

Onto your question re tradesman, tradesman are hard to get to rock up on time at a reasonable rate here because they’re in such high demand however, i know a couple of tradesman that might be able to do some work for you. They typically charge $200-$220/day. You can PM me if you want more info.

Regards,

Kim

Kim Anand
    [email protected]

“Money Can’t Buy you Happiness but it Does Bring you a More Pleasant Form of Misery”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.