All Topics / Help Needed! / Speaking to Strata managers or getting reports?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jacliftjaclift
    @jaclift

Hi,

What are your thoughts on having a chat to the strata manager (who also is the selling agency) on a property as opposed to viewing the strata reports.

I have asked for meeting minutes as well, but they keep steering me to – ‘the strata manager can tell you all you need to know’. I haven’t been able to contact him yet, but when i do I think i should also ensure on getting the financial and meeting minute reports too. I would like to do this before i put an offer in but time might prevent me if they stall on getting it to me. Im in WA, and timing is crucial!

Or would it be sufficient to rely on the Strata manager’s answers? Im just wondering whether the verbal assertions are enough back up in case something is omitted.

Profile photo of kk
    @k

Hi Jaclift,

If the Strata Manager is also the selling agent he is essentially looking after the interests of his client so I would not rely on verbal conversations should disputes arise out of ommitted information.

Sometimes Body Corporates have insufficient funds in the kitty to cover an impending project (such as major plumbing overhall or external facelift etc) in which case they may extract a lump sum from each owner to cover expenses. Something you would probably want to be informed about.

Being in Perth (ditto) you’ll probably want to put in an offer yesterday so if you can’t view the notes, perhaps you can put a clause into the offer (similar to ‘subject to white ant inspection’) along the lines of ‘ …subject to viewing and acceptance of Strata Notes..’ (Don’t quote me on that wording.)

Bear in mind that the less complicated the offer, the more likely you are to win the contract if there are several people making an offer.

Good luck.
    k.

Profile photo of jacliftjaclift
    @jaclift

Thanks k.

I think that will be the best. Im being extra cautious as iam not going to travel to see the property – regional, so im really relying on photos, reports etc. I will push for the report as well before making an offer.

After all they are the strata managers so they should have the report handy to just send straight away – which makes me a bit wary since they haven’t done so.

Anyways, if someone else makes an offer earlier – so be it, there will be others!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.