All Topics / Value Adding / SMall bathroom reno ideas and tips

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of as41as41
    Participant
    @as41

Hey guys I hope you have some insight for me,,,,,

I have a small bathroom that needs major improvements ie: all fittings and painting and tiling including floors. One of my issues is that unless I move the toilet (wanted to avoid it to save costs) I dont have room for a bath..As this is a reno for a future sale property, I wanted to install abathing option as this is also the only bathroom.

My questiosn to some of the reno experts is:
    1. What is the minimum amount of space one needs to “sit ” comfotably on the toilet. Ie. leg room in front of you….THis may influence whether I can fit a bath.
    2. Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with a corner bat/shower or a “shub” or 1/2 bath used as a bath/shower???
    How doe these option compare to a bath/shower set up in terms of cost….?
    4. I thought I should have a bath and shower option instead of just shower as it would appeal to more people including families when I sell it???[shades]

Snowflake

Profile photo of HandymanHandyman
    @handyman

Hi Snowflake,

Can you tell me how big you bathroom area is, and where everything is at the moment. You would be surprised at what kind of things you do in a bathroom, there is alot of options, if you want a toilet and bath and possibly a shower you might be able to do it.

Profile photo of as41as41
    Participant
    @as41

Hi Handy Man

The room is 2.4 x2.4 approx

When you enter, there is a shower on the left and then a toilet in the top left corner and a vainty staight ahead as you walk in with a window above it. The problem I have is that the length between the whoer and toilet is 2.4 meters which wont fit a full bath and toilet. Options may be moving the plumbing around but I am under the impression that that will cost a lot more. I thouht about a corner bath/shower combo or a half bath and shower??? Thankds for your input… HOpe you can give me some further insirations!!! See Ya!!!![exhappy]

Snowflake

Profile photo of annaw2annaw2
    Participant
    @annaw2

Hi Snowflake,
    We put a shower bath in a reno last year, 900×900 and it looked great and catered for people with kids too. Cost about $125.

The space we had was 2400 so the loo, a 600 vanity and the shower were in one line. As you look in the door the loo is in the left hand corner, then vanity and between the vanity and showerbath is a shower screen. We added a shower curtain for ease of bathing kids. The room became a combined bathroom/laundry (2400×2400) as is popular in Cairns in some properties we have there. As you walk in the door, the laundry tub and space for w/m is on the left.

We also moved a kitchen back to it’s original spot (we think) instead of being in the loungeroom, put a new floor, polished boards to suit the rest of the house which is an older house, tidied up the paintwork, took out a door off the kitchen and replaced it with a glass sliding door, allowing more light and creating a small dining area.

We get $40pw more in rent.

Anna

@handyman

Hi Snowflake,

Thanks for the measurments, let me see if I can come up with a desgn for you, you may or may not have to move the plumbing, in any case there is plumbing on the left and on the wall wear the vanity is, so if you do change things around it wont be that much trouble. Ideally you would like to have a seperate bath and shower right?

@handyman

Hi Snowflake,

I have been looking at some arrangements for your bathroom, unfortunately to be able to have a seperate shower and bath, you do have to move the plumbing. You have enough space to accomodate everything, it is not that difficult to move the plumbing around.
    One suggestion that i have is to put the vanity on the right hand side wall, put the bath straight ahead as you walk in, put the toilet on the top left corner, and finally put the shower on the left, you can work with the sizes as you have plenty of room to fit anything you like.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.