All Topics / Help Needed! / Recommendations for a good spreadsheet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Dave LDave L
    @dave-l

I am currently using a very basic home made rental spreadsheet for my IPs and would like to find something a bit better. I had a look at the Excel demo one and it seems ok, I dont want anything too complicated.
    Has anyone had experience using this or any others that may be appropriate

Thanks
    Dave

Profile photo of alcamiealcamie
    Participant
    @alcamie

What exactly do you want your spreadsheet to do???

I have recently put my own together which is allowing me to plan for some massive wealth creation in the future.. I may be able to help you out with some stuff..

Cheers
    Chris.

“If you don’t enjoy you’re wealth as your building it you may as well be poor cos you might be dead tommorrow”[thumbsupanim]

Profile photo of Dave LDave L
    @dave-l

Hi Chris
    I’m mainly after some accounting type software that shows general income /expense, tax summary, depreciation, gross/net returns and a current valuation section where you can input current valuation and it will give a overall figure as to how your property has performed over the years. I guess anything else would be a bonus for me. As I said just something fairly simple that someone with limited time can use quickly.
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks Dave

Profile photo of Property PassionProperty Passion
    @property-passion

if there is a spreadsheet floting around, id be interested also.[biggrin]

“It’s not how much money you make, It’s how you spend it that matters.”

Aspiring property developer

Giulio Taranto

Profile photo of alcamiealcamie
    Participant
    @alcamie

MAybe what I’ve developed isn’t what you’re after. You should probably look at POSH or something like that.. My spreadsheet is more a 25 year plan of purchasing…

Cheers

Chris.

[thumbsupanim] “If you don’t enjoy you’re wealth as your building it today you may as well be poor, cos you might be dead tommorrow.”[thumbsupanim]

Profile photo of brucemarg_2brucemarg_2
    Participant
    @brucemarg_2

It all depends on what you wnat out of it.
    What is the purpose – Future Planning or Financial Tracking.

We designed ours in excel from the tax time requirements. We also use it to check off rental payments and PM payments against the bank statements. The spreasheet is also useful for presenting to our loan broker when we want another IP loan. So you need to the broker’s requirements on the spreadsheet as well.
    Q1. So what are the end figures needed for the tax return. This wiill help in the design.
    Q2. What is the input information and how will it be manipulated to get the answers to Q1.
    You may need more than one spreasheet to make it all work depending on how many IPs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.