All Topics / General Property / Geraldton WA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jacliftjaclift
    @jaclift

Anyone have knowledge and experience of investing in Geraldton? Tenant experience etc? I

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

I’ve had two properties in Geraldton but not at the same time. The first was a 2 bed furnished unit and second a 3×1 house.

The unit I found was lots of short term rentals with several weeks gap in between. Never any damage or late rent though, but it wwasn’t what I was after.

I prefer the house becasue it gets longer leases ie: 12 months at a time. So far havne’t had a problem with tenants or with finding a tenant. The house is in one of the lower socio economic areas, not on the beach or anything

Well, that has been my experience but who knows, there may be more people flying in and flying out of the mines up North who want a furnished pad. Perhaps have a chat to a Property Manager to see what the market is asking for when they looke for rentals.

Good Luck
    PK

Profile photo of jacliftjaclift
    @jaclift

Thanks PK.

[what i should have put into my original post] –
    I have a duplex in Rangeway (one of the lower socio-economic areas too) and have had it for over a year – no probs with tenant so far. I am looking to invest there again and this time possibly do a renovation to increase expected rental yield, or potential re-sell, and looking to Rangeway again because of the affordability.

However i wasn’t sure if i should invest in the suburb again since lately agents i have been speaking to give it a bad rap. (not that i believe everything agents say…)

Which area have you bought in?

Im tossing between beachside suburb or cheaper low socio-ec areas.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.