All Topics / Help Needed! / How did Dolf De Roos start?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of solomonsolomon
    Participant
    @solomon

Apparently Dolf De Roos never had a job. He just leapt into property investing at around 18 years of age. Does anyone know how he survived the first few years regarding cash flow?
    If I can find the answer I can do the same.
    Regards,
    Solomon

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

While at uni studying for a phD in Electrical Engineering he got 3 student loans just for the deposit on his first property. When he’d reached his final year of studies he did a RE deal that netted him a $30 000 profit. This was the same amount he was offered as a first years salary as a graduate of Electrical Engineering, albeit with a phD to boot!
    Needless to say he followed his passion for Real Estate Investing and upi ’til the current day has never worked a job.
    This is his official website – http://www.dolfderoos.com/

Profile photo of NewMoneyNewMoney
    @newmoney

Hi Solomon,

If I remember rightly, he made enough money from his first deal to avoid having to go to uni and to begin his career..

Mark.

Profile photo of solomonsolomon
    Participant
    @solomon

Thanks FastLane.
    So did he then just use that $30k as living expenses while he found more deals?

Apparently he has only ever sold 4 properties in his life so how did he access the cash to live on?

So to my situation, I have $100K of equity and $120K in cash & now no business/job/income as I just sold it. If Dolf was in this situation what would he do?

Profile photo of bradjebradje
    Participant
    @bradje

From what I’ve read/listened to:
    He’d spend $20K on each of five $100K properties, if he was a beginner. Or if more experienced, take a risk in puitting down 20% on a bigger deal (borrowing the rest). He only buys Commercial property these days (or so I heard on some tapes of his from 2003).
    Seems like a genuine guy, with quite a bit of financial savvy.

Like Steve, he only buys CFpositive deals.

JB

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.