All Topics / Overseas Deals / US social security no.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of jeffreyhoejeffreyhoe
    @jeffreyhoe

Any one have a clue of obtain a US social security no.?
    Just ring one financial broker there, They said , they really need that no.when apply for loan.
    Also for foreign investor without social securtiy no., They charge at least 1 percent higher than local resident.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

You do not require a SSN to obtain finance in the US.

As for a higher rate of interest then that is not quiet right. The choice of lenders certainly is a lot less limited as a FN however finance is still achieveable at a sensible rate and terms.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    **Lodoc Commercial loans from 7.19%**
    Licensed Financial Planner
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com
    [email protected]
    Ph: 07-3720 1888

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of EllenEllen
    Participant
    @ellend

Check the IRS website for details of who can and who can’t get a social security number (SSN). If you aren’t eligible for a SSN and intend to do business in the US as a non-resident foreign alien, you can apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) which can be used when applying for loans etc. Link to the IRS site:
    http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96287,00.html

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

squeaker

Whilst an ITIN will be a requirement for doing business in the USA it is not a requirement to obtain a FN loan.

In fact it is not even a request on a standard 1003 Fannie May Application Form.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    **Lodoc Commercial loans from 7.19%**
    Licensed Financial Planner
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com
    [email protected]
    Ph: 07-3720 1888

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of jeffreyhoejeffreyhoe
    @jeffreyhoe
    Originally posted by squeaker_d:

Check the IRS website for details of who can and who can’t get a social security number (SSN). If you aren’t eligible for a SSN and intend to do business in the US as a non-resident foreign alien, you can apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) which can be used when applying for loans etc. Link to the IRS site:
    http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96287,00.html

Thanks for your information [evo]

Profile photo of vkilmurrayvkilmurray
    @vkilmurray

Regarding a social security number for the USA, you might find you need a work visa or greencard and thereby a sponsor (employer) to get a SSN. I am currently being processed for a greencard so I can work in the USA and I was told by Social Security I wouldn’t be issued with a SSN under any other circumstances as I’m not an American citizen or resident. A USA based greencard lawyer may be helpful but I suggest caution, my experience in this suggests there are many willing to part you with a substantial amount of cash for little return. It’s a very long process either way. Good luck.

Profile photo of solomonsolomon
    Participant
    @solomon

I was in the states for 6 months in 1996 and just walked into the solcial security office & asked for a SSN so I could open a bank account. It said on the card that I had no right to work etc but it was easy to get one.
    Funny thing is I can’t find the card or # now & I need it again to open another bank account.
    Sincerely,
    Solomon

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Guys

solomon things have changed a bit in the USA since sept 11 , getting bank accounts is certainly one area.

I don’t know how you can get a SS number – i’d love one ,it would be so handy but as Richard said you don’t need on for finance , you don’t even need a ITIN,

I have a number of US loans and no SS number.

the US based broker i use is excellent and i don’t pay any additional interest because i”m a foreigner. I’d love a SS number because then i could build a credit score, with a good credit score you can get 100% finace on some deals

regards westan

USA deals, cash flow equity and capital growth all in one property.
    International Property Consulting Pty/Ltd.
    Property Investing New Zealand Ltd
    http://www.iproperty.net.au

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.