All Topics / Help Needed! / Where can a newbie find a mentor?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of pipelinebuilderpipelinebuilder
    @pipelinebuilder

Hello,
    I was just wondering if it is hard for people to find a mentor for property and business ventures that wont charge you for it, do people like us (speaking in general of this forum) that want to get ahead but dont know where to start or who to speak to get this information especially when self education and doing intial deals can be risky .

My point is this, where do people go to find a mentor if you are just starting out? we have been lucky that our mentors have a business and property background, are family and they are now retired so they are passing on their wisdom, but they are also sharing their expeience with our friends and they are not charging us or them for it, what they want to do is to try and help other people by passing on knowledge and do the same things they did to be successful.

Has anyone else found it hard to find a mentor? and if they did find one how did they go about it?
    Are there people still looking for mentors or are all people just reading books and then implementing?

Profile photo of FezmanFezman
    Participant
    @fezman

hi,
    i will be seeking a mentor in the future. I guess you just ask people that you know who are in the game?

Brisbane Tech Support / Discount Domain Names & Hosting = http://www.crus.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I have been involved in wrapping, vendor finance and property investment in Qld for some 10 years prior to moving over from the UK.

Retired at 39 but am now back in the workforce after 18 months of getting bored at home and playing golf every day (it is in’t as much fun as it sounds). I run my own finance brokerage do a few property developments each year and spend a lot of time helping clients.

Happy for you to bounce off as many questions as you would both like as i currently mentor around a dozen clients all of whom are progressing in their property acquisitions.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    **Lodoc Commercial loans from 7.19%**
    Licensed Financial Planner
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com
    [email protected]
    Ph: 07-3720 1888

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.