All Topics / Help Needed! / Techniques for tapping into the history of growth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of GeoffBeckGeoffBeck
    @geoffbeck

Finding an area with a long history of strong capital growth is and can be very challenging, which posses the question: ‘What techniques and resources do you use to gaining knowledge about a particular area?’

Mine are:
    The API (Australian Property Investor) magazine is a great source of facts and figures, plus it doesn’t cost that much. There are a couple of web site I also use, however most charge an arm and a leg to get the stats. One other techniques is keeping abreast with media releases which also builds up the knowledge.

So, what are your techniques to gaining this knowledge?

Cheers
    GeoffB

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms
    Originally posted by GeoffBeck:

Finding an area with a long history of strong capital growth is and can be very challenging, which posses the question: ‘What techniques and resources do you use to gaining knowledge about a particular area?’

Mine are:
    The API (Australian Property Investor) magazine is a great source of facts and figures, plus it doesn’t cost that much. There are a couple of web site I also use, however most charge an arm and a leg to get the stats. One other techniques is keeping abreast with media releases which also builds up the knowledge.

Cheers
    GeoffB

historic strong capital growth = major city – my technique is to ignore anything that isn’t metro and on the eastern side…works for me.

cheers

brahms
    Purveyor of Fine Finances
    aka Mortgage Broker Brisbane

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Geoff

i haven’t bought anything in Oz for a while, down here in Victoria we have a book out annually from the valuer general with heaps of data , sadly its out of date by the time it comes out but its great for tracking the historical figures of areas.

regards westan

We find deals in the USA with growth potential, with equity and showing at least 14% gross returns. Email at [email protected],
    http://www.iproperty.net.au

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing
    Originally posted by GeoffBeck:

Mine are:

Cheers
    GeoffB

Some web sites as well..WHICH ones are you using??

redwing

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.