All Topics / General Property / Development & renovation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of paulbowiepaulbowie
    @paulbowie

Has anybody read Martin Ayles’s book “You Need a Rocket”? Do you know where can I get a copy? I have looked at a number of books on development, but they either seem to be too general (broad principles but nothing at the “nuts and bolts” level) or too advanced (too much assumed knowledge and nothing about how to start from scratch).

Profile photo of cbellesinicbellesini
    Participant
    @cbellesini

Martin’s book is not the how to of development rather it is based on personal development. I believe that a DVD of Martin’s recent seminar may be made available some time this year so if you want the nuts and bolts wait for that!!

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

I have read Martin’s book and there is nothing on developing in it.

The only book I know of on developing is Michael Yardney’s and I know it has been a top seller in the first 4 weeks it came out which was just recently.

There is a free introductory chaptor at Michael’s web site that can be read. Click Here to have a read. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this.

Interested in Joint Venture Reno Projects

Profile photo of TimCTimC
    @timc

Hi Guys

Best book by a mile on property developing that i have read(residential developing that is) would be ‘Australian Residential Property Development’ by Ron Forlee….Its only been out for a few months and I havent seen it in too many shops but its fantastic. Goes into all the nuts and bolts stuff, gives websites for all the external contractor-type people that you will need to research, goes into possible floor plans and all sorts of stuff like that.

I think he had an earlier book called the intelligent guide to property developing or something like that but i am pretty sure it also relates to commercial developing which isnt my thing.

Cheers

Tim

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

I agree with TimC about Ron’s book its a fantastic resource. A bit technical in parts so a slow read but crammed full of great information and some free charts at the back. I got my book from Dymocks in Brisbane if that’s any help.

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.