All Topics / Value Adding / Tips on study remodel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of as41as41
    Participant
    @as41

I have a 3 bedroom with study (1/2 bedroom size but total room in iteself)…I think making it into a second bathroom and laundry in one would be overcapitalising but my husband thinks otherwise. The house already has one main bathroom. Ad ideas or comments?

Also, I have a huge white internal wall separating the kitchen and the dining area. We are thinking obout cutting a few “winows” into it and lining them with wood inside…..To increase lighting too.. Is this a DIY or is plastering hard???[specool]

Snowflake

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

What sells in your area. Is it homes with 2 bathrooms or homes with 3 bedrooms and a study/office? If you do a second bathroom will the property increase in value?

What are you looking at, a lifestyle decision where you are going to live in the house for several years or an investment decision to add value?

Horses for courses. My wife and I are in the process of looking for a PPOR. Our necessities is 4 br or 3br plus study, for us a second bathroom is nice but we won’t even look at 3br/2 bathroom houses because they don’t fit our needs.

Wall idea sounds good.

Profile photo of HandymanHandyman
    @handyman

Snowflake,

The wall seperating the kitchen and didning, should not be that difficult, In regards to turning the study into a second bathroom, ask yourself if it is something that you really need, will you use the second bathroom, if it is needed then do it, but i doubt it would add value, it may even decrease the value.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.