Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of adambcadambc
    Participant
    @adambc

I have an embarassing confession to make – my wife and I just spent the Easter break playing FIVE GAMES of monopoly! We must be very boring!

In my defence, we did also organise the World’s Biggest Egg Hunt for our neices and nephews, and we got down to Southbank and the Museum, but I’m still a little concerned about us.

To make matters worse, we even squeezed one last game in before my wife went to work this afternoon! (That one’s still going actually – we’re neck and neck and I can’t wait for her to get home so we can finish it!).

Is there any hope for us?!

I hope you all had a more exciting / interesting Easter than we did (although we DID enjoy ourselves!).

Cheers,

Adam

Oasis Finance
    for your Vendor Finance solutions
    Achieve the Dream!
    [email protected]

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Worked every day, never saw the wife or the kids….haven’t heard from them in 6 or 7 days….I think they are somewhere enjoying life.

Haven’t even seen an Easter Egg, they aren’t too popular over here in this Muslim country.

There, that should cheer everyone else up. [blush2]

Profile photo of Dave LDave L
    @dave-l

Yep worked every day 18 hrs a day offshore in India
    Got some chicken for lunch which is a plesent change from fish heads and rice. Didnt talk to the wife she was out socializing I guess.
    But I hope everyone else had a good easter[exhappy]

Profile photo of WylieWylie
    @wylie

While my mother in law was visiting for an overnight stay (arghhhh!!!!) we all sat down for a game of Monopoly. How I hate Monopoly. With three boys it always ends up being a no holds barred, all out competitive war!!!

Whenever we play it, we end up skulking around in the doldrums afterwards because someone cheated, or wouldn’t sell someone else the final house in a series, or someone looked at someone the wrong way. It never ends well.

I much prefer Pictionary or Upwords. Monopoly just pushes all the wrong buttons in our house.

Wylie.

Profile photo of mapleleafmapleleaf
    @mapleleaf

Dazzling

I spent a year in Saudi Arabia and let me tell you, there wasn’t a sign of any of our traditional holidays! So I know how lonely it can be, especially when you can clearly imagine the quantity of Eggs that loved ones in Australia must be consuming![puke]

My husband and I were in Turkey last year (a little more interesting than our Monopoly games this year…)and neither of us can remember Easter at all…once again being in a Muslim country the typical signs are just not there!

Hope you have a safe trip back soon!

Mapleleaf….[xmas]

Achieve the Dream!

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Cheers Mapleleaf…..

We have a group of about 20 or so Russian nurses over here that we sometimes get to dance with……they get bored as we do. Most of my colleagues who are all grandfathers, have a little trouble doing the twist and tango nowadays, but it’s better than anything else on offer.

Seeing women’s smiling faces and hair is a pleasure, compared with looking at a black bag over their heads…

How was your time in Riyadh….how did you pull out….that USD tax free cash can be a big trap…..

Profile photo of mapleleafmapleleaf
    @mapleleaf

Dazzling

Good to hear that you have had some time to have a bit of fun!

I was in Jeddah for a year and left after Sept 11th. It all got too political and I was not about to stay just for the sake of money. I did leave with $10K USD in hand and paid off over $25K in debt…So it was all good.

And now, here I am…4 years later still in Oz after meeting my husband on one of my travels!

Anyway, back to business….

Take care! [smiling]

Mapleleaf

Achieve the Dream!

Profile photo of PeteJackiePeteJackie
    Participant
    @petejackie

Dazzling,

What Country are you working in? Is it Saudi Arabia?

Easter for us was great with a big easter egg hunt with the kids at Mums place in northern Tassie.

By the way I enjoy reading your postings. Keep it up.

Regards,
    Pete

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.