All Topics / Help Needed! / Guest houses

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of KatherineKatherine
    @katherine

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find information (website, etc) about the legalities of purchasing and managment of a guest house.

If anyone ever owned one or brought and sold one, I’d love to know your opinions of such a purchase.

Katherine J

Profile photo of Reno QueenReno Queen
    Participant
    @reno-queen

I would love to know also. Recently we stayed in a B&B in Melbourne.

There were 4 bedrooms each with their own bathroom. The owner had her rooms at the end of the hall. I was surprised her rooms were part of the B&B set up. Breakfast included of course.

I wondered how profitable it was etc. Also we went past a boarding house my husband lived in the 1970’s and it is still being run as a guest house.

Im very interested in any info on guest houses/B&B’s

Profile photo of giddogiddo
    @giddo

What have you found with your research so far?

I am thinking that there are a lot of ppl with big super / redundancy packages who have bought B & Bs as a semi retirement option.

In my town anyway there are a few of these; and I can’t see how they are inreality making any real money.
    Not a living I would say.
    They do not need a living, and the B & B is just a lifestyle thing as an income booster and a nice place to live usually.

Nothing wrong with that but when looking at businesses I would look out for phrases like “great potential” or “dream lifestyle”.

Depends on what you want. A lifestyle or an income or both???[exhappy]

Giddo
    http://www.standrewsplace.com.au

“I am not a religious man; but if you are out there somewhere Superman, save me now! -Homer Simpson

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.