All Topics / Help Needed! / Hold or Sell in the Sydney market

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of canadacanada
    Participant
    @canada

.G’day,
    I currently have a property in Newtown Sydney and are particularly interested to know the thoughts of investors with regards to the market in Newtown. Whats the general feeling out there, should I hold the property or sell. I really haven’t seen any significant spike in this area yet.

Any info would be great

Profile photo of solomonsolomon
    Participant
    @solomon

Think back to the houses your parents sold & ask yourself was that the dumbest thing they did or what?
    My parents sold a house in Blacktown for $14K, Baulkham Hills $70K, Rockingham WA $38K, Warnbro WA $42K, Malibu WA $98K, 2 acre block & home in Golden Bay $250K.
    Dumb or what?
    The property guru Dolf De Roos speaking from the Trump university on real estate investing has bought literally hundreds of properties & has sold only 4 in his nearly 30 years of investing, & guess what? He REALLY regrets selling them.
    Have you ever met anyone who sold a property over 10 ago & said “boy I’m glad I still don’t have that property”.
    Love to share my opinion, good luck.

Profile photo of crushercrusher
    Participant
    @crusher

Hi Canada,

I agree with Solomon. Don’t sell unless you have a good reason to sell. Especially if the property is not costing much to hold on to. The Sydney Market has softened significantly. Try and sell near the top of a boom if you can wait for it to happen again.

“Buy in GLOOM-Sell in BOOM”

Todd Burns
    http://www.freepropertyhelp.com.au

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.