All Topics / Help Needed! / Land for under$150000 in Perth

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of adrienne27adrienne27
    Participant
    @adrienne27

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can suggest places to buy land and build with intention to sell when house is complete?

Everything has increased and sold out it seems!

Thanks

Profile photo of adrienne27adrienne27
    Participant
    @adrienne27

Any opinions? Do people still think Ellenbrook is viable?

Thanks

Profile photo of Craig.HCraig.H
    Participant
    @craig.h

As you say, land releases are selling out almost immediately. However, a quick search on the web and newspapers shows a few releases coming up with cottage lots sub <$150k (although I agree there’s not many). Ellenbrook is definitely one of them. If you haven’t done so already, register online with the developers or even give them a call so you know in advance when the lots will be released.

Good luck.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Adrienne27
    In today’s West you will find details on developers/estates, including regional. (after RE section)

12 months ago I was able to purchase 2 beachside blocks under $150,000.

I recently purchased 2 blocks which unfortunately I had to pay more than $150,000. I also noticed today block in same location is privately selling for $230,000.

In short, I wish you luck, however I think it will be quite a challenge purchasing under $150,000 but you never know.

It may be worth going onto Landcorps’ site and see what comes up.

Cheers, M

(Hard work never killed anyone, buy hey why take a chance)

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

A tiny 400 odd sqm strata titled block in one of my hunting grounds just sold for $ 132 K. About 11km from the Perth CBD. Probably not suitable for what you are looking for though.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

A few people have come unstuck with Land in Perth of late due to dodgy developers.

I looked at some land at one stage but the developers wanted a deposit as an “expression of interest”..imagine 100 blocks available, but 500 x $1,000 deposits taken, eight months later they return yours and say sorry, you missed out (along with 399 others), they have had your deposit for all that time though..

Droveout the back of VALE and ELLENBROOK the other day..a LOT happening, which I’m sure will push up existing prices of established homes and the median in the area

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Profile photo of TizzyTizzy
    @tizzy

Very occassionally on REIWA.com you might see a strata block (130-180k) .They are one third of a triplex site and you’re buying one section, if the owner/developer only wishes to build on the other two parts. You’d need to let your REA know that you’d be keen if one comes up. Usually those opportunities get snapped up quickly, often not requiring an ad. The ones I’ve seen (Ashby ) were just under 300sqm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.