All Topics / Value Adding / free stuff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of MuktaMukta
    @mukta

Hi guys,

Im in my first reno and found the free section of the newpaper.
    We.ve just put up the pergola and the tilta door we got for free!

Theres alot of really good quality stuff people just want you to take it away.
    It took me and my husband 2 days to take down the pergola, it was huge with a gazebo.
    So keep an eye on your local paper, one thing though, you have to be really fast and up early to be first. And adding value for free is more fun than adding value and paying for it.
    Kind Regards

Paula

Profile photo of learnsharelearnshare
    @learnshare

Thanks for the tip Paula.

Cheers,

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

When we added a room at my parents house we able to pick up window frames, windows and doors. all we did was re-putty the windows into their frames and re-paint everything. Had to pay about $100 which was fair!

Oh, then need to change the extension plans a little for the windows to fit!

Yep it pays to look for demolitions as well :)

Profile photo of warrenwilliamwarrenwilliam
    @warrenwilliam

i have a couple of houses i rent furnished. i pick up the furniture from council throw out days.beds,tables,chairs,cupboards,fridgesetc.beauty mate ,just like going through a time portal to a shop 30 years ago except this shop displays its wares on every street corner………talking bout free stuff i was walkin through the train one day and i noticed a fruit flan sittin on one of the seats that someone had left behind,looked ok,smelled ok, so i ate it and it was delicious. ….The next week when i walked past a bakery i thought hmmmm,wouldnt mind another fruit flan so i bought one and would u believe it yuuucko the friut was off and it tasted like sh.t…….ha ha

Profile photo of gavinhgavinh
    @gavinh

Warren,
    I am not even going to start on why eating some food you found on a train is wrong in so many ways. Just cause its free doesnt always make it a bargain!.

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Building sites where some trades have finished are excellent, have a look around and always ask the site forman for permission. We got enough treated pine from excess frames I cut up on site to put a storage area in our roof over our extension. All that extra storage was a selling point when we eventually sold.

Odd tiles 1/2 box here and there when they are building 20 houses can do a small bathroom ina townhouse, and 1/2 tins of paint can be a good undercoat or sealant. All saves money, which to me is making money!!

Go hunting and have fun

DD

Buyers Agent (Dip Financial Services(FP)
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.