All Topics / Value Adding / New Bathroom or makeover?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of reidpgreidpg
    @reidpg

I’m interested to know your thoughts on this….

I have just bought a rental property in Frankston, VIC which is in general good repair. The bathroom however is well past its sell by date and I cant rent the property with its existing decor. I’ve been looking at the cost of a new suite/tiling, etc but I dont think its worth spending too much at this time. Has anyone had experience of using a company to re-enamel existing bathroom suites?

e.g. http://www.bathroomwerx.com/index.php?page=basin_reenamel&type=services. The existing bath is Caramel brown with white and Caramel tiling – I sure its was very fashionable in the 70’s!

Phil

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

We just gave a bathroom a facelift with the 2 pac “Tub & tile” bath paint made by White King (cost $58 from Bunnings). We used this on the shower and bath. For the shower walls we painted over the floral laminex with Laminex paint also made by White King.
    We then painted the rest of the room, fixed the floor grout. The only major outlay was $550 on a new clear glass shower screen.
    Looks very fresh and clean now.

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Make sure you seal and double primer your tile paint before applying 2 coats. Looked great a year ago when I did it, but now with the soap scum lifting the tile paint below the soap dish in the shower down to the floor, its another redo i didnt want to do.

Been like that for a while the tenant now tells me. Doh!!!!

DD

Buyers Agent (Dip Financial Services(FP)
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of salsachinitasalsachinita
    @salsachinita

I’ve used someone to re-enamel our bath tub (when it was rented out as an IP).

They are called Nu Pride; in Canterbury VIC (but I can’t remember how much we paid). Two years down the track, it still looks new.

It’s definitely a good, temp solution until you are ready to reno properly [happy3].

Profile photo of HandymanHandyman
    @handyman

You can use the white knight tile paint to give the bathroom a fresh look, as long as the tiles are in good condition, no cracks or breaks, if they are dirty make sure you give them a good clean first, then undercoat them before applying the finish coat.

Profile photo of houselmphouselmp
    @houselmp

Last year we did a minor reno on our IP shower base and tiles by resurfacing. The guy who did our job is in the Eastern surburbs of Melbourne – “Baths and More”. Our shower base looked really bad and the tiles were old and a few chipped. he repaired the replaced the old tiles – did minor repair job on the base and the re-sprayed the entire shower. Cost us $ 588. Got the front panels/glass changed and the room painted. The entire room looked real good on completion.

all the best for your project.

houselmp

“Choice, not chance determines destiny” E.C.McKenzie
    &
    “If it going to be, it’s up to me” Robert H.Schuller

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.