All Topics / Opinionated! / Were did you grow up ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of RikkyRikky
    @rikky

I find it interesting reading all the different posts and answers/ questions and I often think to myself what are the storys behind people on the forum , so I will start with a little bit about myself.

Was born in Melbourne at the age of 2 – 8 I lived in Geelong shifted to Glenroy from 8years old were I spent most of my years. I went to coburg tech and was raised by my mother and my grand father I was also living there with my sister. It was a rough area in those days and quite a poor area, but it was good fun and I wouldnt change it for the world. Would like to hear some other storys

Cheers Rick

We buy properties cash fast settlements no fees no fuss. contact me on 0408 355568
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Just LearningJust Learning
    @just-learning

Was born and spent the first 25 years of my life in Newcastle, NSW.

My most enduring vivid memories of external /material things is .. wait for it…. the taste and smell of real tomatoes grown by my parents in our backyard. A backyard that sort of merged into the backyard of the 3 houses to the left of us because there were no 6 ft dividing fences, only retaining walls.

Also the fragrance from the jacaranda tree in our backyard when it was in flower. All that in spite of our many attempts to destroy the efforts of our parents by playing test cricket on the adjacent lawn, lol

Profile photo of warrenwilliamwarrenwilliam
    @warrenwilliam

i grew up on a farm, outside of wingham.had a good life there and i feel that installed in me very good morals in life.i am totally unreligious, but i feel that is what gives me good morals . i dont need religion 2 tell me it is wrong to rape , pillage and plunder.I feel this is not the same with city folk as a lot of them smile in glee to know they can rip u off for $5, $50,$500…….i now take everyone with a grain of salt

Profile photo of warrenwilliamwarrenwilliam
    @warrenwilliam

just one final thing…sydney was the nearest major city to where i grew up and there was always a stigma attached to someone who shifted to the local area that come from sydney…………………………………………………”ooh thats so&so & they shifted here from sydney”………..in other words better be wary of them …that was 20 yrs ago

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Born in Mirboo North in the local Blue Nurses rooms and lived on the Dairy farm until aged 6 years, just loved bottle feeding those baby calves. Then moved to Tarrayoukyan in Western Victoria on a sheep and cattle farm. Lots of work but was never heard to say “I’m bored”. Left the country life at age 16 and moved to Melbourne and Uni for a few years Left a few broken hearts behind and headed for sunny Qld in 1982 and haven’t looked back since. Now living in the small country town of Rosewood just west of Ipswich. Happily married with 4 kids, 4 mortgages and 2 dogs !!

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of units4meunits4me
    @units4me

Born in Traralgon in 1966 to Greek migrant parents who settled there in about 1960. Moved to the big smoke (Melb} in 1990. Married in 1992 and bought PPoR in Doncaster in 1994. I still live there with the wife and 2 boys.[biggrin]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.